Books are just the beginning…
About the Library
Whilst the library is being used as a classroom we have set up a number of ways to bring the library to you and ensure you have access to books.
- Library Trolley – Mrs Day is visiting classrooms so you can still borrow and request books.
- Virtual Library – fill in the google form on the school website and books requested will be delivered to you in class.
- E-Book Library – you can borrow books to read on your phone and tablet using the E-Book platform https://philipshigh.eplatform.co/account/logon Your User ID is your School ID and the password is PHSLibrary
- Contact Mrs Day if you have any requests or issues using the website Librarian@philipshigh.co.uk
- Follow us on Twitter @PHS_Liby for updates on new books and book news.
Library Book Search Online
You can now find out what books are available in the school library by searching online.
Who we are?
Our Library is a vibrant and welcoming space for reading and working.
Open every day it is staffed by librarian Mrs Day and a team of pupil librarians.
Where we are?
The Library is opposite the Learning Support Unit on the First Floor. It is open to all at break, lunchtimes and after school for Homework Club.
What do we have?
There are 12 computers available for homework and school related internet research.
There are comfortable seats and bean bags for pupils to read and relax on.
We have 3000 books for pupils to read or borrow; including fiction, reference books, non-fiction, manga and graphic novels, we also have a number of magazines and comics which pupils can read in the Library.
Every year we celebrate World Book Day and run events to make it a successful and inspiring day which encourages and promotes reading. We also participate annually in the Bolton Book Award; pupils read a selection of new fiction and take part in workshops about the books, they then vote for their favourite and attend the Award Ceremony at Bolton School where they meet the authors of the books. We have regular visits from authors and have welcome Tony Walsh and Danny Weston to our school.
Pupils can borrow up to 5 items for up to 3 weeks, popular books can be reserved.
Books can be renewed if they have not been reserved by another pupil.
There are no fines for overdue books, however they should be returned as soon as possible and a replacement cost will be charged for non return. No other books will be issued until the overdue item is returned.
Suggestions for new titles are welcomed.
Pupil Librarians help to run the School Library by assisting other pupils with enquiries and locating books. Pupil Librarian positions can be applied for at the beginning of each year.