Covid 19 ): SAFER TRAVEL GUIDANCE FOR STUDENTS / STAFF – updated JAN 2021
|TRAVEL||· It is advised when possible to walk, cycle or drive to school rather than take public transport and/or taxis.|
|· You should not travel if you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms or are self isolating due to symptoms or sharing household with somebody with symptoms.
· Always wash/sanitise hands before and after all travel.
|· Where possible, maintain social distancing (2 metres) when walking with others not within your household, for example when approaching or passing other pedestrians or waiting at crossings and traffic lights.|
|CYCLING||· Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or sanitise your hands before and after cycling. For safety ensure you wear a cycling helmet.|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||· Face mask/covering must be worn on all public transport to cover your mouth/nose (wash/sanitise hands before/after putting it on).
· Face mask/coverings which have been worn for travelling to school must be removed immediately on arrival at school, dispose of temporary face coverings in a covered bin or place reusable face coverings in a plastic bag they can take home with them, and then wash/sanitise their hands again before going into school. See separate guidance for face coverings within school.
· Do not touch your facemask with your hands to avoid cross contamination.
· Wash/sanitise hands embarking/disembarking transport.
· Before using public transport consider other forms of travel.
· Travel side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow.
· Travel may take longer than normal on some routes due to reduced capacity and social distancing measures therefore allow for sufficient time.
· Consider contactless payments.
· Keep a 2 metre distance from other people where possible. If not possible you should keep the time you spend nears others as short as possible and avoid physical contact.
· Follow instructions from the transport operator ie. Which seats to use, how to queue, barriers, floor markings
· Be considerate to other passengers and transport staff ie. Do not congregate near entrances/exits, be aware of pregnant, those with prams, elderly, disabled people and aware others may have hidden disabilities.
· Be aware of the surfaces you touch. Be careful not to touch your face. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
|· Where people from different households need to use a vehicle at the same time, good ventilation (keeping the car windows open) and facing away from each other may help to reduce the risk of transmission.
· Sanitise hands before and after journey.
· Ask driver and passengers to wear a face mask.
· During lockdown please only travel in a car with members of your own household. If using taxi please ensure the driver and all others in the vehicle are wearing face coverings (unless exempt), sanitise before entering and after entering the vehicle.
|Late Protocol for Pupils||· If a pupil is late for their session they need to go to the School Office, sign in and will be escorted to their session by a member of staff.
· The office staff will report the late arrival to the Attendance Officer Mr McLellan by e-mail/phone within 10 minutes of them arriving.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): safer travel guidance for passengers
I confirm that I have read and fully understand the contents of this document and will at all times adhere to the protocol contained herein.