Behaviour and discipline policy addendum, updated January 2021
Red Text is important information
PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU FAIL TO FOLLOW THESE RULES YOU ARE PUTTING YOURSELF, OTHER PUPILS AND STAFF IN DANGER AND IS AGAINST ALL GOVERNMENT LEGISLATION AND YOU COULD BE SENT HOME AND LOSE YOUR PLACE IN SCHOOL DURING LOCKDOWN.
You must wear full school uniform or your PE kit if in school as a keyworker/vulnerable.
The canteen and vending machines are closed so you will not be able to buy food or drinks and must bring in your own water. (No fizzy or sugary drinks).
|Attendance||· Remember that you should attend school with the usual rules regarding attendance. If you show any signs or symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID 19) then should NOT attend school for 7 days and arrange for a Covid test. If someone in your household has the virus then you should NOT attend school for 14 days. Parent/Carer must notify school immediately if you are displaying symptoms and/or if Covid test positive. Follow normal absence protocol.
· During Lockdown – if working from home OR in school as a keyworker/vulnerable but are sick and unable to work please follow the normal school attendance protocol (contact school before 8:30am).
|Face Coverings||· See separate guidance ‘PHS Face Coverings in School updated Jan 2021.
· Face coverings must be worn at all times within the school building by pupils and staff (unless eating/drinking) and can be removed outside only if you are social distancing.
|On the way to school||· If you can, don’t use public transport. Walk to school by yourself, remembering social distancing. (see travel protocol)
· You must not travel to school with your friends.
· Plan your journey so you arrive at school between 8:30 to 8:35.
|When you arrive at school
|· Go to the designated year group outside zone area, line up in forms alphabetically.
· Wait in line for your form tutor to escort you into school. You must wear your face mask when entering the building.
· You must remain in your year group zone.
· If you are late to school you must go to the school office, sign in and wait to be escorted to your lesson. You will also receive a late detention beginning of lunch same day.
· All students must sanitise every time they enter the building.
· During Lockdown – enter the building via your allocated entrance, sanitise and go direct to your allocated room & seat.
|Timings of Day
Lockdown Remote Learning
|KS3 & KS4 – Form Time – 8:40am – Microsoft TEAMS
KS3 – Lesson times (9am, 10.30am, 12pm, 2pm) – 1 Hour
KS4 – Lesson times (9am, 11am, 1pm) – 1.5 hours
|Timings of Day
Normal school day
|PUPILS MUST SANITISE EVERYTIME THEY ENTER THE BUILDING.
|Lunches||· All pupils to bring in a packed lunch.
· Packed lunch will be provided for those pupils on free school meals.
· Packed lunches will be eaten outside within year group zone areas unless heavy rain then within inside break lunch zone areas.
|When in the classroom
|· You will need to remain in your seat until asked to leave by the teacher.
· Follow the RESPECT RULES and CLASSROOM BEHAVIOUR PROTOCOLS that you know and understand.
· If you are feeling unwell or need first aid, you need to tell the teacher, remain in your seat as the member of staff will contact the first aider by radio.
|· You will need to bring all the equipment you need for your lesson into school. This should include: Black Pen, Red Pen, Pencil, Ruler, Highlighter, calculator and any books for that day. Tissues, Hand sanitiser and a full water bottle are also advised. You cannot share equipment.
· You should not bring in any other personal items that are not absolutely necessary for your school work.
· You can bring in your own hand sanitiser and tissues where possible and make sure you wash your hands regularly.
· Lockers will not be available to pupils.
· Pupils must keep their bags with you at all times and do not leave in classrooms/corridors.
|Leaving the classroom||· After your lesson is finished you need to remain in your seat until directed to move by the member of staff.|
|Classroom behaviour||· You will be expected to follow the Behaviour and Discipline Policy while you are in school. Failure to follow this policy will result in sanctions.
· Detentions will follow the normal school policy. Each year group will have an allocated lunch and after school detention room which will be within their year group zone area.
· Your Parents/carers will be able to access online SIMS and see if you have a detention or not that day.
· NO DETENTIONS DURING LOCKDOWN for students in school
|Fire bell||· If the fire bell sounds then you need to follow the direction of the member of staff using normal fire evacuation procedures, leaving the building the way you came into it. Remember to observe social distancing.
· Make your way to the netball courts and line up with your form teacher. During lockdown please line up with teacher supervising your room at the netball courts.
|Hygiene||· Clean your hands more often than usual – with running water and soap and dry them thoroughly or use alcohol hand rub or sanitiser ensuring that all parts of the hands are covered.
· Use the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
· Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
· Please ensure you wash all clothes worn at school regularly.
· Each year group will be allocated with their own toilets for both male/female. Some will be within the building and some portaloos which will be based in the year group outside zone area.
|Extra Curricular||· Extra curricular clubs will be running and a timetable will be available at the start of term. NO EXTRA CURRICULAR CLUBS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE|
|When going home||· Do not walk home with other pupils unless they are from your household and maintain social distancing. GO STRAIGHT HOME.
· If you can, don’t use public transport. Walk home by yourself, remembering social distancing.
· When you are home, you are advised to change your clothes and wash them ready for the next time in school.
Protocol subject to changes
PLEASE REMEMBER, IF YOU FAIL TO FOLLOW THESE RULES YOU ARE PUTTING YOURSELF, OTHER PUPILS AND STAFF IN DANGER AND IS AGAINST ALL GOVERNMENT LEGISLATION AND YOU COULD BE SENT HOME AND LOSE YOUR PLACE IN SCHOOL DURING LOCKDOWN.