12th October 2020
We have been advised by Public Health England that there has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the School.
We have carried out a full risk assessment and identified all those who have been in close contact with the affected case and have recommended that they stay at home and self-isolate until 14 days after their last contact.
Unless you have been notified otherwise – your child has not been identified as a close contact and therefore does not need to make any change to their usual routine, including school attendance.
|Remember – Social contact restrictions
If you live in one of the affected areas, in order to help prevent the spread of coronavirus you must not:
· host people you do not live with in your home or garden, unless they’re in your support or childcare bubble
· meet people you do not live with in their home or garden, whether inside or outside the affected local areas, unless they’re in your support or childcare bubble
Your household is defined as the people you live with and any support or childcare bubble.
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are recent onset of a new continuous cough and/or a high temperature and/or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia). If your child, or anyone in your household, develops these symptoms, you whole household must remain at home and not go to work, school or public areas. You should arrange testing for the person who has developed symptoms. When the result is known further advice will be available.
Testing can be arranged by calling 119 or via the NHS website: nhs.uk/coronavirus
There are things we can all do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- maintain an appropriate social distance with non-household members of over 2 metres.
Further information is available at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
Ms T Owen